I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Kirsty, thank you!
Here are the rules if you’ve been nominated:
- Share the award on your blog
- Thank the person that nominated you and link their site
- Nominate bloggers, and let them know that they’ve been nominated
- Provide seven facts about yourself.
So without further ado, here are my seven facts. Enjoy!
- I’ve never done a proper introduction on my blog, so for those of you that don’t know me, my name is Sarah and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. Originally, I am from Aberdeen, having been born and brought up there. I absolutely love Edinburgh and can’t see myself living anywhere else, unless it’s London or New York.
- I have two dogs – Lily and Imogen (I didn’t name them FYI!) Lily is a pure chihuahua and Imogen is a chihuahua terrier cross. They are the funniest little things. Imogen is a really jealous dog and hates when Lily gets any attention, so Lily is quite timid.
- I have a bit of a fear of dry foods. Any foods that I eat I like to have with sauces, and I have no idea where this irrational fear comes from. If I have crisps, I like to have dip with them (obviously there are times when this is not possible, e.g. When eating a packet on the go at work!)
- I am pescetarian. For those of you who don’t know, this means that I eat fish, but not meat. This is purely down to the fact that I don’t like the taste and texture of meat. So some fish I don’t like too, if it is too “meaty”. That probably makes no sense to some people! I also choose to eat vegetarian food rather than fish when I can, just because I like it better.
- Music is a huge part of my life. I started playing piano when I was around 5 years old and still try to play every day (even with my acrylics haha) as I don’t want to lose the skills that I have. I have a driven nature and there was another girl in my class that started lessons at the same time as me, and we took exams at the same time. This motivated me as I always wanted to be better, so I practised ALL. THE. TIME. By the time I was 17 I had two piano teaching qualifications, I was teaching piano privately and at a music school in Aberdeen, which is sadly now closed. When I was 18, I passed my piano diploma with honours. As well as this, I played clarinet to grade 5 standard when I was at school, and my first degree is also in Musical Theatre.
- Up until I was about 14, I was a massive tomboy! (I cringe looking back at photos and thinking about this!) I strolled around thinking I owned the place wearing Kappa or Reebok tracksuits or the mighty Adidas poppers. The only make up applied was Bourjois foundation (with my hands) that was like water and gave ZERO coverage, and maybe one layer of mascara if you were really lucky. I think the main reason for this was that a lot of my neighbours were boys, and I hung out with them, making dens and digging holes in the back lane. There was no YouTube back then for make up tutorials and I basically had no role model my age to base myself on as my friends were tomboys too. Thank goodness something inside me realised I was a blithering idiot wearing all that nonsense!
- I only started taking my Instagram seriously when I was signed off my work last November/December after being hospitalised with an unknown virus. I felt I needed purpose to every day and meeting so many lovely people in the Instagram community gave me that purpose every day. Having already bought a domain name with the intention of blogging before I became ill, this was the push I needed – it made me realise that you really don’t know what is round the corner. I had gone from feeling absolutely fine one minute, to being taken away in an ambulance the next. So if you’re thinking about doing something, but you’re holding back, for whatever reason, my advice would be JUST DO IT!
I now nominate the following bloggers to complete the award:
Leah | Devoted to Pink
Jess | Jelly Blues Blog
Gill | Gill McLaughlin
Esnath | Pretty Peach Blossom
Fiona | The Frog Princess
Poonam | Heel Diaries
Georgie | As You Wish UK
To those I have nominated, let me know when you’ve completed your post. I would love to learn more about you!
I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit more about me!